Request for Proposal
This document has been prepared for the purposes for the selection For Business Incubation Agency/Consultant for Social Enterprise
Terms of Reference
Centre for World Solidarity-CWS is not for profit organization working towards the development of rural poor and deprived communities. Presently looking to hire a consultant/ expert/ agency to get expert support in a project which is being implemented in eight states of India.
India’s food system is broken. Ecologically harmful practices and technologies could achieve agricultural production in a short span of time but have taken a heavy toll on the environment and human health. Fortunately, there is a growing demand for producing and consuming food that is safe and healthy. Motivated by rising demand, many farmers in India are turning to agricultural practices that are chemical-free and sustainable. More and more new food-related “ecopreneurs” (farmer producer organizations, restaurants, street vendors, food retailers, food processors, wholesalers, and others) are willing to transform the existing food systems and to create value chains that are not only driven by economic but also, social, cultural, nutritional, and ecological values at various level. But changes in food systems are complex and there are no ready-made roadmaps or a single window service provision.
To support this transformation, the Centre for World Solidarity – CWS is working on the project ‘Bhoomi Ka – Co-creating Clean, Green and Fair Food Systems’ supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Welthungerhilfe (WHH). The objective of the project is- to strengthen inclusive framework conditions that influence the development of agroecological value chains and food systems for smallholder producer communities, ecopreneurs, and consumers. The program is also supports various social enterprises for developing multi-stakeholder networking platforms, service profiles, and flagship products.
The objective of this RFP is to identify and select a business incubation agency/consultant to support and strengthen the business model for the enterprises supported by the program.
The objective of the Assignment
- Develop and strengthen sustainable business models, establish agile and iterative management processes for the enterprise, and capacity building and strengthening of the team in enterprise staff vis-à-vis the business plan.
Scope of work
- Business Development: Refine the business model, and design short-term and long-term plans for the company. The plan should clearly detail the tasks and responsibilities of each actor and include a financial and operational plan; cost estimates/budget; tax implications; risk mitigation/management plan as well as a plan for measuring performance and impact.
- Mentorship and Guidance: Provide advisory support to the team to understand the industry-specific regulation and compliance strategic advice, and support in key areas like business planning, market research, product development, and scaling.
- Legal and Administrative Support: Offer guidance on legal and regulatory requirements, intellectual property protection, contract negotiations, Policy formulation & design, and other administrative tasks that new businesses may encounter.
- Finance Management: Design and develop finance policies and guidelines for financial management.
- Market analysis: Conduct market analysis, identify target markets, and develop marketing strategies to increase their chances of success. Identify and understand your target client’s demographics, preferences, behaviors, and needs.
- Communication & Marketing Strategy: Create a comprehensive communication & marketing strategy that outlines your goals, target audience, key messages, and marketing channels to reach and engage with your audience effectively. Determine the most suitable marketing mix, which may include online and offline tactics.
- Access to Funding and Investments: Assist startups in securing funding by connecting them with potential investors, venture capitalists, angel investors, or facilitating access to grants, loans, or crowdfunding platforms.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Implement a system to track the progress and milestones achieved by each company, providing regular feedback and evaluation to identify areas of improvement.
- Sustainable Business Model and 5-year Business Plan and accompanying operational strategies, governance and management structures.
- Develop roadmap for execution of the business plan
- HR, Finance and administrative policy for company
- Communication and Marketing strategy document
- Monitoring strategy document
Key Skills Required:
A deep understanding of business principles, strategies, and operations in the sector in India Consultants should have a good understanding of social businesses and ecological food system in India. Consultants should be able to analyse complex business situations, identify problems, and provide effective solutions that align with the company goal.
How to apply
Interested agencies should share their interest in the assignment to email@example.com by 30 August 2023.
A detailed proposal including the following details-
- Previous experience in conducting similar assignment.
- Detailed Methodology and plan
- Team member details and CVs
- Detailed Financial Proposal
- Reference of any similar engagements conducted in the past.
Please note – The committee may ask for more detailed presentation from the shortlisted candidates before awarding the contract. The presentation is in no way binding on the contracting authority. Applicants will be informed of their selection & non-selection, but scores and other details of the evaluation committee will remain confidential.